Overview of the INJECT platform
This article will help you understand the platform organization and display: how to configure your instance, how to build correctly your program and how to exploit all of its features.
The INJECT platform is divided into 4 spaces
The public space (access can be limited to authenticated users) allows you to navigate through the programs. Each program has an editable mini-website to present the objectives, the planning, the projects... this is configurable in the "Program Manager".
The workspace is only accessible to program participants. The dashboard indicates the actions to be performed whether you are a project member, mentor, jury or program manager.
The program manager allows you to configure the pages of the mini-website as well as the content of the program (planning, deliverables, toolkit). An interface for statistics and management of participants, projects, jury, blog, announcements allows to centralize the daily management of the program.
The administration aggregates data from the different programs related to an organization. The general parameters are used to manage domain name, graphic charter, analytics, etc.
Public space display
The public space is divided into 6 sections, please find all information to customize them bellow :
1. Navigation header
The header is visible to everyone and from any pages*, it allows user to navigate and register to the platform. Authenticated users may access to the workspace, program manager, administration, chat, useful links and personal menu (profile and settings) from this navigation header.
- The administration space has its own header that cannot be customized.
From the administration, INJECT allows the customization of:
Platform dark and light logo (240px max width, 80px max width, PNG files are recommended)
Platform primary color (hexadecimal code)
used for links and interactive elements (buttons, loaders, navs, tabs..)
Navigation header background color (hexadecimal code)
Navigation header active links color (hexadecimal code)
Navigation header notification dot color (hexadecimal code)
From a smartphone, the elements of the header navigation are reorganized and accessible from the burger menu and from a bottom navigation bar.
The bottom navigation bar can also be customized:
- Bottom navigation bar background color (hexadecimal code)
- Bottom navigation bar active links color (hexadecimal code)
2. Program banner
The program banner gives a visual identity to your challenge, it is visible to everyone on the public space. A slider of banners is supported automatically by the platform, just provide multiple version for each format. The banner is always on 3:1 format, in order to adjust the content for different screen sizes, we recommend you to design 3 version for the banner:
- original (1920*640px, .jpg)
- desktop (1140*380, .jpg)
- tablet (720*240px, .jpg)
- mobile (540*180, .jpg)
Note: if you want to provide just 1 version, just upload the original image format and the platform will generate automatically desktop, tablet and mobile versions.
3. Program overview
The program overview is composed of 3 sections:
- Program basic informations: program name, number of projects, program short description, dates, active active phase, team sizes... this section and related information may be edited or hidden from the Settings page of the Program Manager. Show/hide this section from the "Details" menu in the "Settings" of the Program Manager.
- Join button: visible during the program registration phase, this button allows any user to register to the platform and/or join the challenge. Show/hide this section from the "Details" menu in the "Settings" of the Program Manager.
- Navigation tabs: to navigate through multiples program public pages (view section 4. Pages)
There are multiple types of pages on INJECT, manage the pages to be displayed in the public Space by editing the visibility, position and content from the "Pages" menu in the "Settings" of the Program Manager.
- About: general program presentation (objectives, support, prizes...)
- Planning: pre-generated program timeline (use custom page to replace it by a custom illustration (.jpg image).
- Projects: list of all projects, with search and filters to find all information about project registered, each project has a personal public page with About, Deliverables, Members, Comments pages.
- Posts: a newsfeed to share public information with a comments section for each post.
- Rules: the introduction to be displayed with the program rules (to be edited in the "Registration" menu in the "Settings" of the Program Manager.
- Jury, Mentors, Participants: list of all jury/mentors/participants, with search and filters to find all information about the program community
- Custom page: click on Add page to add custom content (F.A.Q., Press kit...)
Navigate to the "Pages" menu in the "Settings" of the Program Manager to show/hide pages, edit their positions and contents.
The platform footer cannot be modified.
- The Language switcher is located in the footer, INJECT automatically detects the browser language or the language preference of the logged-in user.
The workspace is divided into two main sections.
The first concerns the logged-in user and will depend on his/her role (participant, jury, mentor, manager).
- Dashboard: lists all the actions to be done (quick access to a module of the program, a mentoring session, a jury session, the latest news ...).
- Juries: access to jury sessions to evaluate projects.
- Mentoring: access to mentoring sessions to accompany projects.
- Project name: access to the project space to collaborate with team members.
The second is accessible to all members of the program:
- Posts: a newsfeed to share the private information of the program with a comments section for each post.
- Toolkit: all the resources of the program (canvas, pedagogical, inspirational links), these elements are unlocked according to the progress of the program over time.
- Timeline: presents the key steps and events of the program, each member can synchronize his Outlook, Apple, Gmail... calendar with the timeline of the program.
- Mentors: lists all mentors in the program, with a search and filters to find help.
The project space allows the team to collaborate throughout the program.
- Modules: provides access to each key step, understanding of the objectives and completion of the deliverable forms using the resources in the Toolkit attached to the module.
- Members: list of team members
- Mentors: list of mentors with access to the team workspace
- Drive: space to share documents and links with the rest of the team.
Team members can use the platform's integrated chat system as well as the video conferencing system to work live together or with a mentor.
Each team also has a public page (see Public space display).
The workspace is divided into two main sections.
- Overview: access to sourcing statistics and reporting of user engagement and projects deliverables throughout the program
- Projects: management of projects and their progress
- Juries: management of jury sessions (configuration, access to results ...)
- Voting: management of community voting sessions (configuration, access to results ...)
- Events: online/offline/hybrid event management
- Toolkit: management of the toolkits associated with the program modules (see Timeline in the "Settings" section)
- Announcements: management of announcements sent via chat and email to individual participants or project teams.
- Posts: management of public and private newsfeeds
- Comments: moderation of comments newsfeed, projects, members...
- Members: participant management, jury, mentors, program managers
- Basic infos: editing of name, description and other basic program information
- Details: modification of banners, dates, team size...
- Promote and Share: managing the visibility of the program
- Timeline: management of the key stages of the program as well as the details of the deliverables expected by the project teams (see "Toolkit" section in the Management section)
- Pages: management of the pages to be displayed on the public space
- Registration: management of the registration and payment process
General organization administration.
- Overview: general statistics on users, projects, programs managed by the platform
- Programs: list of all programs managed by the platform
- Projects: aggregation of all projects in the platform programs
- Users: aggregation of all users in the platform programs
- Mails: list and manage of all transactional emails sent by the platform
- Settings: platform general settings